1698A highway was laid out between the Harbor and Vinson’s Cove.Economy and Industry, Infrastructure

Cape Ann Museum Library & Archives, D6
Hover over image to zoom

Vinson’s Cove was named after William Vinson, the original colonist in this area. It was later lined with wharves, but was ultimately filled in.

Babson, John James, and Samuel Chandler. History of the Town of Gloucester, Cape Anne, Including the Town of Rockport. Procter Brothers, 1860, http://archive.org/details/historytownglou00changoog https://archives.obs-us.com/obs/adventure/gloucester/about/water/ghost.htm Fitz Henry Lane | Historical Materials. https://fitzhenrylaneonline.org/historical_material/?section=Vincent%27s+Cove
67categories 1576total entries 400+years 845searches
1600165017001750180018501900195020002050