1946A lightship was converted into a restaurant in the Harbor.Arts and Culture, Food

Gloucester Daily Times. “A Novel Enterprise.” April 29, 1946.
Hover over image to zoom

The former Brenton Reef lightship was bought by the owners of the Driftwood Restaurant on Bearskin Neck, Mr. and Mrs. P. Lloyd McComiskey. The dining area was planned to hold at least 100 diners, with the food prepared in the deckhouse and conveyed down by a dumbwaiter. It was moored at a dock on Rogers Street.

Gloucester Daily Times. "A Novel Enterprise." April 29, 1946.
67categories 1557total entries 400+years 705searches
1600165017001750180018501900195020002050