1804A meeting house was built in Fifth Parish (Sandy Bay, now Rockport).People and Communities, Arts and Culture, Location and Setting, Buildings & Architecture, Religion

A list of subscribers in the Fifth Parish. Courtesy of Cape Ann Museum Library & Archive, D2, FF5
Hover over image to zoom

The cornerstone was laid on July 4, 1803, and it was dedicated in October of 1804. Reverend Abiel Abbot preached the sermon.

Hurd, D. Hamilton (Duane Hamilton) ed. History of Essex County, Massachusetts, with Biographical Sketches of Many of Its Pioneers and Prominent Men. Philadelphia, J. W. Lewis & Co., 1888, http://archive.org/details/historyofessexco02hurd
A list of subscribers in the Fifth Parish. Courtesy of Cape Ann Museum Library & Archive, D2, FF5
Hover over image to zoom
67categories 1576total entries 400+years 919searches
1600165017001750180018501900195020002050