1695A road was built from Concord St. to Biskie Island.Government and Public Service, Transportation

Samuel Hodgkins was granted the right to operate a ferry from Biskie Island to Trynall Cove. By this time one third of the population lived west of the Annisquam River. These inhabitants were required to travel to the Town Green to attend church. This new route by road and ferry cut the travel distance in half.

The Essex Institute Historical Collections, Vol. XCI, October 1955, "Evolutions of Cape Ann Roads and Transportation, 1623-1955: A talk before the Cape Ann Historical Association, April 11, 1955, Thomas E. Babson.
67categories 1576total entries 400+years 865searches