1955Beeman Memorial School was built on Cherry Street.Arts and Culture, Government and Public Service, Location and Setting, Buildings & Architecture, Education

Beeman School, built 1955, September 8, 1956. Norman P. Swett, Cape Ann Museum Library & Archives, Photo 13240
Hover over image to zoom

The school was renamed from the Dogtown Common School to Beeman Memorial School. The change was approved after a failed attempt to have the Route 128 traffic circle named after him, which was subsequently named after City Councilor Chester H. Grant. The namesake, Corporal Robert S. Beeman, died in France during World War II. The dedication of the school took place on November 11, 1956.

Archives Committee, CC201, CCBV2, Schools - Ward 6 School (Beeman School)
67categories 1576total entries 400+years 870searches
1600165017001750180018501900195020002050