1938Camp Stella Maris, a Catholic girls’ summer camp, opened.People and Communities, Government and Public Service, Religion, Education

The camp was opened in 1938 by Reverend John J. Sheehan of the Sacred Heart Parish in Malden, who operated it until about 1973.

Before it became Camp Stella Maris, it was built on the same property as the Saturday Evening Girls Club camp, which was financed by philanthropist and early Girl Scout leader, Helen Osborne Storrow in the early 1900s.

Massachusetts Cultural Resource Information System. Historic Building Detail: GLO.AX, Camp Stella Maris Catholic Girls' Summer Camp. https://mhc-macris.net/details?mhcid=glo.ax Cape Ann Museum. “SEG Bowl.” http://www.capeannmuseum.org/seg-bowl/.
67categories 1576total entries 400+years 845searches
1600165017001750180018501900195020002050