1924Eastern Point Yacht Club was organized.People and Communities, Local Organizations

Eastern Point Yacht Club, c. 1920s. Cape Ann Museum Library & Archives, Photo 15075
Hover over image to zoom

Jonathan Raymond was asked by the city to organize a series of schooner races as part of Gloucester’s 300th anniversary festivities. In 1924, the Club opened with a race around Gloucester harbor on June 28th. The Raymond’s bathhouse served as its base. In 1930, it moved to Rockmere Cottage at the north end of Niles Beach. In 1951, the Club moved to its present location, the Clay property which overlooks Lighthouse Cove and Dog Bar Breakwater.

“EPYC History - Eastern Point Yacht Club, Gloucester, MA.” https://www.epyc.net/EPYC_History.
67categories 1576total entries 400+years 845searches
1600165017001750180018501900195020002050