1904Fernald Street land was donated for a Jewish cemetery.People and Communities, Jewish History

Gloucester Daily Times. “City of Gloucester.” September 29, 1904, Vol. 33 No. 4809 edition. https://sawyer.advantage-preservation.com/.
Hover over image to zoom

George W. Procter gifted 2.4 acres of land on October 24, 1904. The Chevra gave him a $1 nominal payment.
The area was named Mt. Jacob Cemetery for Jacob Davis, the first adult male to be buried.

Dunlap, Sarah V., editor. The Jewish Community of Cape Ann: An Oral History. Cape Ann Jewish Community Oral History Project, 1998.
67categories 1576total entries 400+years 845searches
1600165017001750180018501900195020002050