1878Front Street, along with Spring, Union Hill, and Jackson Streets, were combined and renamed Main Street.Economy and Industry, Infrastructure

Main Street looking east from J. J. Burns, Jeweler at 95 Front Street, c. 1870s. Erastus G. Rollins, Cape Ann Museum Library & Archives, Photo 22463.
Hover over image to zoom

After the great fire of 1864 that destroyed most of Front Street, streets were combined and renamed during the reconstruction of this part of the city.

Thompson, Carolyn, and Jim Thompson. Cape Ann in Stereo Views. Arcadia, 2000.
67categories 1576total entries 400+years 865searches
1600165017001750180018501900195020002050