1886Saint Ann Catholic Church was dedicated.People and Communities, Arts and Culture, Location and Setting, Buildings & Architecture, Religion

Saint Ann Church, n.d. Norman P. Swett, Cape Ann Museum Library & Archives, Photo 16414
Hover over image to zoom

Reverend Jeremiah J. Healy led the charge in building a large Catholic church to replace the existing church building in 1876. The church was dedicated on July 25, 1886, and Reverend Healy was made the permanent rector. Saint Ann Catholic School was also dedicated that year.

Historical Sketch of the Catholic Church in Gloucester, Massachusetts, Commemorating the Golden Jubilee of St. Ann's School, 1885-1935.
First through fourth grade classes at Saint Ann School, n.d. Courtesy of Cape Ann Museum Library & Archives, Photo 12604
Hover over image to zoom
67categories 1576total entries 400+years 837searches
1600165017001750180018501900195020002050