1755Sandy Bay became the Fifth Parish and built a meeting house.People and Communities, Government and Public Service, City Government, Religion

Members of the First Parish from Sandy Bay, who did not want to travel the long distance to the meeting house, petitioned to establish a separate church, which was incorporated on February 13, 1755 as the Fifth church in Gloucester. Ebenezer Cleaveland was ordained as the first pastor. The meeting house was erected on Long Cove Hill and later moved to Mount Pleasant Square.

Sandy Bay Historical Society, Pool Papers, Book 1
67categories 1576total entries 400+years 865searches