1921The Chemical Engine House on Dale Avenue was moved to Washington Street and was renovated into a school.Arts and Culture, Government and Public Service, Location and Setting, Buildings & Architecture, Education

This was moved to replace the portable schoolhouses that were brought in when the American Legion took over the old Town Hall, displacing the Forbes School. The engine house needed to be removed to facilitate the remodeling of the high school.

Gloucester City Archives, 1921 City Council Documents, #293, 302, 315. Gloucester Daily Times. “Work of Remodeling.” August 13, 1921, Vol. 57 No. 9849 edition, sec. Timely Topics.
67categories 1576total entries 400+years 834searches
1600165017001750180018501900195020002050