1901The first physicians in Essex County to make rounds in an automobile were Dr. William Rowley in his Crestmobile and Dr. Edward B. Hallett.Government and Public Service, Health

Foster’s Pharmacy, 810 Washington Street, “H. B. Foster’s Pharmacy where Dr. William Rowley learned the druggist trade as a very young man,” c. 1900. Courtesy of Cape Ann Museum Library & Archives, Photo 22618
Hover over image to zoom
Erkkila, Barbara H. Village at Lane’s Cove. Ten Pound Island Book Co., 1989.
67categories 1557total entries 400+years 715searches
1600165017001750180018501900195020002050