1931The James Babson Museum & Cooperage Shop was opened by Roger Babson during the Babson reunion event.People and Communities, Arts and Culture, Cultural Institutions, Local Organizations

Gloucester Daily Times. “Historic Site of Babson Family Opens July 17.” July 11, 1931, Vol. 66 No. 13750 edition. https://sawyer.advantage-preservation.com/.
Hover over image to zoom

The museum opened in July of 1931 on the site of a land grant given to Isabel Babson in 1658 and used as a location for a cooperage by her son James. The structure was originally part of a farm building complex. It contained a collection of tools and artifacts from over three centuries of handicraft or trade activity.

James Babson Museum – Babson Historical Association. https://babsonassoc.org/museum/.
67categories 1576total entries 400+years 870searches
1600165017001750180018501900195020002050