1795The new town grammar school was dedicated.Arts and Culture, Government and Public Service, Location and Setting, Buildings & Architecture, Education

The two-story building was erected on Granite St., next to the Poor Farm. The March 5 dedication included a sermon by Reverend Eli Forbes. The school remained here for 60 years, and was then moved to Beacon St., where it was used as a primary school.

Hurd, D. Hamilton (Duane Hamilton) ed. History of Essex County, Massachusetts, with Biographical Sketches of Many of Its Pioneers and Prominent Men. Vol. II. Philadelphia, J. W. Lewis & Co., 1888. http://archive.org/details/historyofessexco02hurd
67categories 1576total entries 400+years 845searches
1600165017001750180018501900195020002050