1867The new Town Hall was dedicated.Arts and Culture, Government and Public Service, Location and Setting, Buildings & Architecture, City Government

“The second Town House on the site of the present city hall was dedicated Oct 21, 1867, and burned May 16, 1869. The present city hall was built immediately after, 1870,” n.d. Cape Ann Museum Library & Archives, Photo 13195
Hover over image to zoom

The dedication took place on October 21. It included musical entertainment and addresses by Benjamin F. Smith, General Benjamin Butler, and others.

Pringle, James R. History of the Town and City of Gloucester, Cape Ann, Massachusetts. Published by the City of Gloucester Archives Committee and the Ten Pound Island Book Co., 1997.
67categories 1576total entries 400+years 870searches
1600165017001750180018501900195020002050