1908The Tenement Association turned over two buildings for the Fishermen’s Institute.People and Communities, Economy and Industry, Maritime & Fishing Industry, Local Organizations

Gloucester Daily Times. “Join Hands in Good Work.” November 18, 1908, Vol. 41 No. 6042 edition. https://sawyer.advantage-preservation.com/.
Hover over image to zoom

The first building was a 2 1/2-story wood frame house at 1 Blynman Avenue. The second was the 10-apartment building at “The Meadows,” which was located where Gloucester High School stood as of 1991.

Oaks, Martha. The Gloucester Fishermen’s Institute, 1891-1991 : “A Social Center for Men of the Sea.” Gloucester Fishermen’s Institute, 1991.
67categories 1576total entries 400+years 845searches