1912Villa Latomia, the Spanish Eclectic-style home on Eastern Point, was built.Arts and Culture, Location and Setting, Buildings & Architecture

Massachusetts Cultural Resource Information System. Historic Building Detail: GLO.424, Villa Latomia. https://mhc-macris.net/details?mhcid=GLO.424
Hover over image to zoom

The land was purchased in 1910 by Henry Davison of the Eastern Point Company. Davison was a banker and partner of J. P. Morgan and an acquaintance of A. Piatt Andrew, who also owned a home on Eastern Point. He sold the property to his sister, Mary, who designed the house around the quarry. The house was named Villa Latomia, which was Latin for Quarry House. Later, Eliot Wadsworth of Boston, President Harding’s Assistant Secretary of the Treasury, purchased the property.

Massachusetts Cultural Resource Information System. Historic Building Detail: GLO.424, Villa Latomia. https://mhc-macris.net/details?mhcid=GLO.424
67categories 1576total entries 400+years 845searches
1600165017001750180018501900195020002050