1963Walker Hancock designed a spire for the Lane’s Cove Congregational Church.People and Communities, Arts and Culture, Religion, Art

The spire was designed by Walker Hancock, 1964. Cape Ann Museum Library & Archives, Photo 12807
Hover over image to zoom

The congregation had been saving for a replacement spire since 1947. The first spire had been added to the 1828 building in 1853. The church had been rebuilt and expanded in 1865. The current spire was installed in December 1963.

Erkkila, Barbara H. Village at Lane’s Cove. Ten Pound Island Book Co., 1989.
67categories 1576total entries 400+years 864searches
1600165017001750180018501900195020002050