1932Walter and Margaret Nichols began making Nichols Candies.Arts and Culture, Economy and Industry, Food, Local Businesses

Looking east from the Strand, Nichol’s Candy is the first building on the right, 1940. James B. Benham, Cape Ann Museum Library & Archives, Photo 14591
Hover over image to zoom

The store was on Summer Street, located next to the Hovey School. After a brief stay in Maine, they moved back to Gloucester and were located at 46 Main Street. In 1954, after Route 128 was built, they bought a parcel of land at the intersection of Route 128 and Crafts Road, where it still stands today.

“History.” Nichols Candies, https://nicholscandies.com/history/.
67categories 1576total entries 400+years 870searches
1600165017001750180018501900195020002050