1716West Parish formally separated from the First Parish to become Second Parish.People and Communities, Location and Setting, Neighborhoods, Religion

The Second Parish Records Collection, Box 1, 1716-1803, Cape Ann Museum Library & Archives, Gloucester, MA.
Hover over image to zoom

The area of Second Parish included all the area “within a line running from the head of Little River southwest to Jeffrey’s Creek.” Joseph and Benjamin Haskell, who were deacons of the First Parish, were elected to the same office in the Second Parish. The schoolmaster and part-time preacher, Samuel Tompson, was ordained as the official minister.

Viator, Carl F. The Church in the Wilderness, 1713-1963. West Gloucester Trinitarian Congregational Church, 1963.
67categories 1576total entries 400+years 845searches
1600165017001750180018501900195020002050